FIDELITY BANK ADVERT

FIDELITY BANK ADVERT
FIDELITY BANK ADVERT

Breaking News

Federer to take a break until French Open


Federer to take a break until French Open

After defeating long-time rival, Rafael Nadal, 6-3, 6-4 to win his third title of the year on Sunday, Roger Federer says he will take a nearly two-month break before returning for the French Open in late May.
Federer, who has moved into the top 4 in the rankings, has won the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami since coming back from a six-month injury lay-off and he said he would skip some clay court tournaments, including the Masters series events in Monte Carlo, Madrid and Rome.
“I’m not 24 anymore so things have changed in a big way and I probably won’t play any clay court event except the French. That is what it is going to look like, I need rest, my body needs healing, I need time as well to prepare, you will probably see me at the French again,” he said in an on-court interview.
Federer said he also had some concern that clay might cause trouble for his knee.
“Part of the situation was that my knee was really strange on clay last year, so maybe being away from the clay as much as possible is a good thing as well, even though I don’t think it was because of the clay as such.
“But my physio, my fitness guy, thought that could be also a good thing not to be too much on clay. I feel very comfortable, very confident it is the right decision.
“I want to stay healthy and enjoy myself. Because when I am healthy and feeling good, I can produce tennis like this and when I am not feeling this good there is no chance I will be in the finals competing with Rafa”, he added. - The Authority

No comments